Buy Traditional Millet (Ragi or Finger) Online
Product Name :Traditional Millet (Ragi or Finger)
Crop Variety : Traditional Millet
Geo Tag (Place of Origin): Kanchipuram, TN
Ragi (Finger Millet) is a widely growing annual plant found most abundantly in. Karnataka is the largest producer of this crop in India with 58% share in the country’s annual production. Benefits of ragi are numerous and it is a highly nutritious cereal loaded with calcium, proteins, iron and other minerals. It is rich in fiber and contains very less unsaturated fat that makes it a perfect food for weight loss.
Ragi’s seed coat is richer in dietary fibre as compared to grains such as barley, rice, maize and wheat. For example, it has 40 times the phenolic content of rice and 5 times that of wheat. Among the millets, it is comparable to foxtail millet, and second only to kodo millet. Excellent grain for reducing cholesterol and helps in weight loss.
It is also rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants prevent excessive oxidation, which could otherwise cause cancer and ageing because of cell damage.
How to make:-
There are lots of recipes for this millet, where you can use ragi in millet or flour form. Few of them are listed here:
By combining ragi with rice in the right proportions you can make tasty and healthy ragi idli, dosa, upma, etc.
• Ragi is very popular as an infant and toddler food.To prepare ragi porridge for infants, first soak the required quantity of ragi in water, and grind it. Filter the ragi milk and heat it with a little ghee and salt or milk and sugar till it comes to the required consistency.
• Roasted ragi, mixed with sugar powder, elaichi and ghee can be used for making Ragi Ladoo.
• Ground millet can be added to bread and muffin recipes.
• Ragi halwa is truly a delicacy, while ragi adai is a lip-smacking savoury snack.
Gtin : 33
Safety Warnings & Notes:-
- Buy Traditional Millet (Ragi or Finger) after reading our privacy notice and conditions of use.